Monday, October 1, 2007

Accomplished

My mother and I got a few more things accomplished today! We met with Jenny at Jenny's Bakery this morning and decided on our Bride and Groom cakes. I was shocked at how much it cost! I guess I never thought a cake would cost so much! But we paid the down payment today and have till Monday to pay the rest. I love the cake we picked out and cant wait to see it! I was stressing about who was going to be in charge of picking the cakes up, because I can see something going very wrong and the cakes getting ruined! Lol. BUT, they deliver, so that definitely relived a little stress.

We also went by One Stop Party Shop and finalized the rentals. A little over $1500.00!!!! Which includes 10 round tables and 2 rectangle, 100 chairs, the archway, all the linens and the dance floor. My mother and I went everywhere today, in hopes of finding the linens elsewhere for cheaper, but had no luck and ending up renting from them for $18 a piece! At least that's another thing out of the way.

We went back to Garden Ridge to return 4 of the centerpieces we bought yesterday, because we ended up having about 6 extras. We kept 2 incase they were needed. We had also purchased the aisle runner and decided against using it due to the fact that it was paper thin and there was no way we could walk down it on a deck without our heels going through it.

While at Garden Ridge, we picked up the rice for the guests to throw, another flower girl basket for Harley (she will be walking down the aisle with Elise and Jared as well) and 8x10 and 5x7 wedding frames to put our engagement pictures in, by the guest sign in book. Which brings me to our engagement pictures... Mike and I are meeting with my Aunt Gretchen on Wednesday night and she will be taking them for us. I cant wait to see how pretty they will turn out!

I talked with Gina from The Jam Session today and set up an appointment to meet with her and the DJ, Joseph, so that we can put together the itinerary for the wedding/reception.

It feels good to have gotten a little more accomplished today... =)

No comments: