Friday, June 6, 2008


Ava and I went to College Station on Friday for my cousins graduation and planned on coming home on Saturday morning but decided to enjoy our time away for a while. We ended up staying through Tuesday and it was nice. We got to spend a lot of time with the family and just get away from the stress at home for a while. Ava and I stayed in a hotel in Caldwell Friday and Saturday night because there was so much family in town for the graduation that we didn't wanna be cramped up somewhere. So Ava stayed in a hotel for the first time on Friday night! It was actually the same hotel that Mike and I stayed in on our first Easter together. :)

Saturday we had a party at my Aunt Becky's for Herschel graduation. Lots of food, beer, a keg stand and beer pong. It was quite entertaining! I did my first keg stand for 11 seconds! And played one round of beer pong with mom and my brother. I probably had a total of 1 beer all together though cause my little princess was snoozing away so I had to be responsible :) Lol. It was still a fun night. I always enjoy watching all the drunks being stupid. Pretty funny.

Sunday and Monday night Ava and I stayed at my brothers house. We rented some movies, hung out and relaxed.

On Tuesday Ava, my brother and I met my Aunt Becky and her girls, Amber and Harley at Casa Ole where my sister Heather waits tables and had lunch together. That was nice. Ava, Amber and I headed back to Houston after that. We went straight to the hospital to see my dad. They still hadn't been able to get his fever down and decided to do another surgery. They said he could be in there for months and have numerous surgery's... He went into surgery at 9:30 Tuesday morning and was out a little after noon. He waited on a room until 7:30 that night! So needless to say, when Amber, Ava and I made it up to the hospital @ 4:30 we sat in the waiting room with the rest of the family until close to 8 before we were able to see him. The doctors did say that it wasn't as bad as they had expected. From what I understood, his pancreas is inflamed and is basically shooting out fluids that are harmful to his organs. So they had 3 tubes that drained the fluid out into these balloon looking things. He has the tube down his nose pumping his stomach and a catheter as well. Basically, he is starting all over again. Poor Daddy. He is no longer running a fever and the doctors think that (hopefully) this surgery did the trick. Please keep him in your prayers.

We finally made it home around 10-10:30 and let me tell you, it was great to be back! When I pulled up, Michael was waiting for us outside and gave me the biggest hug ever. I also noticed how absolutely beautiful our flowers beds out front looked! Michael, Elise and Tyler picked up a bunch of flowers on Sunday and planted them. It looks great! I wanna put some flower beds in the back as well.. Mike said that's a project we can do together :)

When I walked into the house it smelled so good and was spotless! He cleaned EVERYTHING! He even made a slide show for the digital picture frame he got me for Mothers Day. Can you say SUCK UP!? LOL :D just kidding. We had some problems but I'm happy to say that it wasn't what I had expected and although it isn't great, it's definitely something we can get past. And for that, I am happy. The last few days have been great, and I just pray that things continue this way. I think things will be a lot better now that a big weight has been lifted off both our shoulders.

Michael and I took Cookie to the vet yesterday. She has been coughing up white stuff and yells in pain when she poops. :( $85 bucks later and an "We really aren't sure what the problem is...everything seems fine" Nice. Everything isn't fine when she is yelling in pain. Breaks my heart. Anyways, they gave me some antibiotics to give her and want her to come back in a week if she hasn't gotten better. They said it could be colitis which is an inflammation of the colon. I think that's what the problem is. My sister brought her cat here with her (best cat in the whole world, and I'm not a big cat person!) and Cookie got into the cat treats the other day. I'm thinking that may have constipated her which then irritated/inflamed her colon. Any how, we have medication for her now, so hopefully this to will pass soon.

I think that's all for now. I will leave you with some pictures from the past week.

At our hotel room, getting ready for bed. The bib sure does fit with the look on her face. LOL
Coo-ing at Mommy
Ava with her Nanny and Paw-Paw (her Great-Great Grandparents)
Ava and Nanny
My Little Munchkin. I just love, love, love those blue jean shorts on her!

Ava and Mommy at Aunt Becky's in College Station

She loves being outside

Mommy likes to spend money we don't have when she is upset. Lucky for Ava, she got new toys!

Harley and Ava

Sitting up like a big girl

Pretty Girl

Uncle Day-Day feeding Ava

Ava and Uncle Day-Day relaxing on the couch

Uncle Day-Day, Mommy and Ava

Sleepy Baby

Mommy and Ava

Ava and Uncle Day-Day

No comments: