Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Father and Son

These pictures were taken about a week ago but I haven't had a chance to post them yet.




Dad helping Tyler shine his shoes for ROTC


Workin' hardTyler's shoes actually turned out better than Michael's :)



Tyler's Grandmother, Dinah, bought these shoes for him so that he can learn to polish them (the shoes they get from school are already shiney). He actually got double points because - and I quote - "he worked hard for the shine on those shoes". Dad sure was proud of his boy.

I am glad that Tyler has something to look forward to and something that he enjoys. I also think it's great that he and Michael have something they can do together that they both enjoy. (Michael was also in ROTC in school).

It makes me happy to watch my guys working together and enjoying it. <3


Our handsome ROTC man


Last Saturday Tyler had an ROTC picnic up at the school. It was Brayden's first outing (a week old) and I was a little hesitant about bringing him out - especially with the flu going around and all - but there was no way that I was going to miss that. I think it is important that Tyler knows that we support him in everything he does. So we *all* went, as well as his grandmother Dinah and her husband Mark. :) I made a huge batch of my green beans and we also brought a cooler of drinks for everyone. The kids played games in the gym and we all had lunch in the cafeteria afterwards.


Tyler had 2 of his friends over to hang out with him for the rest of the day. Seeing the smile on his face all day was wonderful. I'd say he really enjoyed his day and having his friends over here also.

Tyler and his buddies


Dinah's friend, Jane took Brayden's picture here at our house last Saturday as well. I am anxious to see them! I know they'll be great.


While Jane was photographing Brayden, Michael and Elise took a Daddy/Daughter trip to the mall and visited Build A Bear. Elise chose a purple kitty and was extremely excited about her one on one time with her Daddy.


Elise at Build A Bear

No comments: