Friday, February 6, 2009

I have been lazy..

I haven't really felt like blogging much lately and honestly haven't had much time too. I have not been feeling well the past couple days and neither has Ava so that is also another excuse reason for not blogging.. I did skip Not Me! Monday also, and I didn't want to, because I LOVE Not Me! Monday.. but, again, didn't feel like it. So, here's a few updates on what is going on in my world..

My mom gave us Harley's play kitchen for Elise. It is practically new and has barely been played with. I decided that I would put the kitchen in Ava's playroom. One reason being that, Elise doesn't really have anywhere to put it in her room. And another reason being that, I wanted to try to make Elise feel included and for her and Ava to share that playroom. The kitchen came with lots of plastic food, plates and silverware. I picked out the small things and the silverware and put it up where Ava can't reach it. I must have overlooked a plastic fork. Ava and Chloe were playing in the play room and I heard a really weird noise. I wasn't quite sure what it was so I walked over to check in on them. Ava began screaming at this point and was on the floor on her hands and knees. I thought she had fallen but when I reached her and bent down to pick her up, I noticed the play fork on the floor in front of her with blood running down it. I looked in her mouth and she had cut her gums on the top where a tooth had just broken through. I felt HORRIBLE! She cried and cried ALL DAY LONG when she wasn't sleeping (she slept a majority of the day). She started running a fever that afternoon of 101.6 I believe. I noticed that she wasn't moving her head as much either. I don't know if her head got jerked back when she fell on with the fork in her mouth or what. She has ran a fever off and on for 3 days now, so I am beginning to think that it is because she is teething. She has also had a little diarrhea. The fact that it all happened (falling, fever and her neck) around the same time really concerned me. She seems to be doing much better, but still isn't leaning her head all the way back. When I gave her a bath today and tried to lean her head back to rinse the shampoo out, she started crying. I really don't think it would be anything more than a pulled muscle or something like that, otherwise I think she would be screaming her head of at any slight movement. Poor Ava. :(

Tomorrow we are having our family portraits done at Jc Penny (which I have been talking about doing for almost a month now. Ahem.) and I am excited. The only professional family portraits we have were taken right before Ava was born and I look like I am about to pop. Honestly, I have been wanting to get them done again since Ava has been born, but we just haven't been able to spend that kind of money on them. I am glad to finally be able to do that, regardless of the fact that Ava is almost ONE! Better late than never.

We are also meeting with my Mother In Law for lunch tomorrow. I always enjoy seeing her and she enjoys being able to see the kids. Not to mention that I am totally excited about chicken fried steak, mashed potato's and green beans from Texas Roadhouse :)

Today was Caleb's birthday (Larry and Andi's son) and tomorrow morning, Tyler will be joining him and a few friends for some laser tag. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!

It really felt like I had more to blog about, but I guess not. Or maybe I am just being extra lazy right now and pretending that I have nothing else to blog about so that I can crawl in bed and read. No, I wouldn't do that. Not Me! ;)

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I hope Ava feels better soon! It concerns me a little though. Kids don't stop moving body parts without a reason. And they also don't run fevers unless there's a virus/infection. Some viruses/infections have symptoms that include fever, diarrhea, and a stiff neck. Some of them are pretty serious....I'd take her to the doctor if she doesn't get better REALLY soon.

Unknown said...

hope you are feeling better...enjoy your weekend!

Cloggsy said...

We went to JC Penny today to have family portraits! Emma wore a pink tutu and was surrounded by rose petals - so cute. We have one of her holding my hand, standing up. Ah, I wanna die when I look at it, she's so cute!