Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's been one of those days...

Today has been an extremely rough day. A small part of me was actually wishing that I had a job instead of being a SAHM. I know mothers that have to work and are not able to stay home with their kids, probably think I am stupid for saying such a thing, and I probably am. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I am able to stay home with my daughter and that I don't miss a thing. I wish that every mom had that opportunity. But there are days that are much harder than others, and today has been one of those days. I like to think of myself as a good mom and I feel that mostly, I am. I am not perfect, by any means, but I try.

Ava is a really good baby and I feel very blessed for that. She started sleeping through the night at a very young age. She is a very easy and extremely happy baby. The one thing that I have a really hard time with is the fact that she can not sit still for one second! I know that most babies are this way but I really think that Ava may have her fathers ADHD (or ADD, whichever one it is). I know that Chloe can sit still when I change her diaper or dress her or whatever, but Ava on the other hand, can not sit still! Ever. I have a hard time just dressing her or changing her diaper because she tries to roll over and crawl away and kicks and squirms...etc. She will NOT sit down in the bath tub for anything! This is a really big problem that I have with her also. There have been a few times (one of them being today) that I have put Ava in the bathtub with me, in order to "kill two birds with one stone", so to speak. That is not happening again until she learns how to sit in the bathtub. I constantly have to keep sitting her down and am hardly able to even bathe myself. Today she ended up slipping and hitting her face on the back of the tub. Once we got out of the tub, I was putting my robe on and there she was pulling all of the toilet paper off of the toilet paper roll. She wouldn't be still for me to dress her.. etc.

My living room looked like a tornado hit it today! This is normal for little babies who are starting to walk and are realizing all the things they are able to do now. But today was just ridiculous. She was into everything! Pulling stuff down, tearing things up, getting into things, knocking stuff over. I literally had to chase her all day long! I know this is all just a part of being a mom but it was just one of those days. You know, when everything seems to go wrong. For instance, I was holding Ava on my hip, my dad had called so I was holding the phone between my ear and shoulder and I was trying to get Ava's outfit out of the closet to put on her. The hangers get tangled and three things fall on the floor. Meanwhile, Ava has ahold of my phone and is pushing buttons in my ear, all while trying to talk to my Dad. Seems petty, but it sucked. My day sucked. I am exhausted and irritated. I think getting away tonight for boot camp is going to be nice.

2 comments:

Cloggsy said...

I feel ya honey. I think the same thing sometimes when Emma just won't take a break. We say our house (mainly the living room) has been hit by hurricane Emma. Plus, she does not like the word No and NEVER listens to it. Arghhhh

Unknown said...

she sounds pretty typical...hang in there and sometimes, SAHMs work much HARDER than us "work outside the home" moms.