Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"It Takes 21 Days To Make It A Habit"

WINTER 2009 - 21-DAY BOOT CAMP
"IT TAKES 21 DAYS TO MAKE IT A HABIT!"

Seven Areas of Great Thinking

1. Think Great Thoughts About God
Romans 11:33-36

2. Think Great Thoughts About Yourself
The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you.
He will quiet you with his love...
Zephaniah 3:17

3. Think Great Thoughts About Others
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

4. Think Great Thoughts About Your Life
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work within us.
Ephesians 3:20

5. Think Great Thoughts About Your Future
Hope vs. Fear
Faith-Hope-Love
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:

6. Think Great Thoughts About Your Past
Stop telling the negative stories of the past.

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14

As far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Psalm 103:12

7. Think Great Thoughts About Your Challenges
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you fave trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jabez' Prayer for Our Lives

And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!" And God granted him that which he requested. (1 Chronicles 4:10, KJV)

Father, because the desire of our hearts is to become all that you want us to be as people of prayer, I offer Jabez' prayer for the prayer life of each of us, believing it will be in Your will to hear and answer such a prayer.

I ask that you bless us indeed--

exceedingly, abundantly beyond all that we can ask or imagine, that our lives and our prayers will be blessed to be a blessing in the lives of those we love and pray for.

Enlarge our coast--

increase the boundaries and extend the territory of our knowledge of prayer, our desire to pray, the time we spend in prayer, the number of people we pray for, our understanding of what to ask, and the effectiveness of our prayers.

May Your hand be on us--

that every prayer will be inspired by Your Spirit, that we will be enabled to live the life that keeps us sensitive to His leading and allows You to hear and answer every request He leads us to make.

Keep us from evil, that it might not grieve us--

protect us from Satan and every evil spirit under his command in the name of Jesus and with the blood of the cross, demolishing every stronghold attempting to influence our heart, mind, emotions or will against the knowledge of God.

Now, Father, I ask that You help us to be those who love You with all our heart, mind, soul and strength.

Help us to live so that our hearts do not condemn us, so that our lives are obedient and pleasing to You.
--for I ask it in Jesus' name.
Amen
THE JABEZ PRAYER
"Oh that you would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that your hand would be with me,
and that you would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is 2 of the handouts that we received last night at boot camp. At first, I wasn't really sure what to expect at this "Christian-Based Bootcamp" but after last night, I found that I actually really enjoyed the combination. I am pretty excited to go back again tonight. Well, all except for the fact that I am extremely sore and it is going to be even harder today because of that.

First we did some stretching and warm ups and then we started the strength and conditioning. This is kind of how it went: Everyone got together with their partner (Amber was my partner last night). We did push ups, sit-ups, and lunges. He would play the music for 1 full minute and we would do as many push ups as we could in that 1 minute. When the music stopped we would immediately get into position for sit-ups. He would start the music for another full minute and we did as many sit-ups as we could. When that minute was up, we immediately got into position for lunges and he would start the music. We would do as many lunges as we could in 1 minute. (there was no break in between these) After that set, he gave us 1 minute to rest and get a drink of water and then we did it all over again, 2 more sets of each and traded off with our partners. After this, we ran outside in a neighborhood for 1 mile. If we finished the mile under 10 minutes we were to run it again. After our mile, we had to run/walk around the parking lot until everyone was finished (totaling 20 minutes of run/walk time). Then we ran sprints. I slowed myself down at the end of the mile because I saw people coming back and I knew I was under 10 minutes and there was NO WAY I wanted to run another mile! LOL I finished in 11min 52 sec. Kind of shabby, but hey, it was my first day! The workout was a little tough but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I figured I'd get in there and be like "I can't do this!" but I actually pushed myself a little and I think I did a decent job considering that last night was pretty much the extent of my workout for the last few years! (other than getting on the treadmill a few times here and there)

We have to write down our strength and conditioning numbers and try to improve each time. I am almost certain that my numbers will be much lower tonight, being sore and all.

Strength and Conditioning for Jan 12, '09

1 minute Push Ups:
1st Round: 20
2nd Round: 28
3rd Round: 35
Total: 83

1 minute Sit Ups:
1st Round: 37
2nd Round: 18
3rd Round: 30
Total: 85

1 minute Lunges:
1st Round: 33
2nd Round: 14
3rd Round: 29
Total: 76

No comments: