Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008

I am finally getting around to our Christmas post, complete with a slide show of some of our photos.

On Christmas Eve, Michael, Tyler, Ava and I all went to church with a big group of my family, including my Mom & family, Dad & family as well as aunt, uncle and cousins. It felt pretty great to be in church with so many of my loved ones, celebrating the true reason of Christmas.

After church, we all headed over to my Aunt's for some food and presents. We all brought one gift along for the kiddos to open to hold them over until Christmas morning! I remember how slowly the last few days used to creep by as a kid and how hard it was to sleep on Christmas Eve. Now time seems to fly by and before we know it.. Christmas is over and we are starting the New Year.

On Christmas morning, Ava and I let Daddy sleep in and we snuck out and headed over to my moms house to watch the kids open their presents. Santa brought them a Wii and they also got Rockband as well as some DS games and lots of other cool stuff! All of us kids gave Mom her huge framed photo of us and she absolutely loved it! Mom doesn't have any professional photos of all of us kids together so we knew this would be a hit. She even cried, she was so happy. :) We got the Wii hooked up and all payed some Rockband. That was really fun!

Ava and I headed back home and got Daddy and Tyler up and ready to go get Elise around noon. I think the kids really enjoyed their Christmas and that made Michael and I happy. They each ended up getting about 15 gifts a piece! We are gonna have to slow down a little bit next year. They were pretty spoiled this year. :) After all, it really isn't about presents and I think sometimes I lose sight of that. I guess i just can't help spoiling them. They deserve it :)

Now I will leave you with the slide show. Enjoy! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year with your loved ones. Best wishes in 2009!


1 comment:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! Love the photos :)