Monday, November 17, 2008

Sometimes you just need to stop and smell the roses.

Right now, we are on opposite weekends with the kids. We had Tyler last weekend and Elise this weekend. I can't decide which I like better. I love having them together cause we can all do things together as a family. Plus, the weekends are the only opportunities that Tyler and Elise have to see each other.

BUT,

when we have them on opposite weekends, it's a little easier to do things that each of them enjoy. There is such a big age difference in Tyler (13) and Elise (4) that sometimes it's hard to do things they both enjoy.

Last weekend while Ava and I went to my little brother Jared's soccer game, Michael and Tyler went to shoot skeet. They ended up getting there right as they were taking the last people so they weren't able to, but they tried! I am sure they will get going a little earlier this weekend. Hopefully I can join them. I just don't think it's a place to take Ava so we'll see how I feel about leaving her again next weekend (my dad kept her for a couple hours this weekend). I think it's good for Michael and Tyler to spend some time together and Tyler was actually pretty excited about it! (he doesn't get excited about much that doesn't have to do with his XBox 360!)

This weekend, my dad kept Ava while Michael and I took Elise and Harley to see Madagascar 2. That was fun, and the girls enjoyed it.

So having them on opposite weekends has worked out well for the last couple of weekends. I'll be glad when we have them both together again, but for now we are just enjoying our one on one time with each of them.

I really enjoyed our family time this weekend. Sometimes you just have to stop and enjoy the special moments you have with your loved ones. I don't think I do that as often as I should.

2 comments:

Cloggsy said...

Hey,

Did I offend you in any way? I noticed that none of the comments I've posted in the last few weeks have shown up. I apologize if I have offended you - didn't mean to.

Chloe

Ashley said...

I'm sorry, sorry, sorry!!!

I was actually a bit bummed that you and Stacie hadn't commented in a while (or so I thought).

I'm just a dork that didn't realize how to check my comments apparently.

Thanks for all the comments! It was awesome to have 13 all at once! Maybe I should forget again...

:D

And of course you didn't do anything to upset me! Totally my fault! LOL