Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A few days behind.

I just wanted to post really quick about our weekend. This weekend was me and Michael's first weekend without having Tyler or Elise. As I have said before, we have been on opposite weekends with them lately, so we've had one of them every weekend. Well, although we thought we were going to get Tyler this weekend, that was not the case.

So we took advantage of a weekend by ourselves and enjoyed some one on one time with Ava. Saturday we went to Academy and picked up a trampoline for the kids' Christmas present and then went to Outback for lunch. I got some stuff done around the house as I mentioned in a previous post and we cuddled up on the couch Saturday night and watched some of the 1st season of NCIS.

On Sunday, we went to Jennifer and Ryan's new place and visited. I LOVED it!!!!

I enjoyed spending some time with Michael and Ava. This weekend was the first weekend in a long time that didn't have something planned. It was nice to just do as we pleased. Michael and I were talking on Saturday night and I told him that I was actually kind of bored! LOL. We didn't have a teenager to run around and pick up after and we didn't have a 4 year old to take care of either. I kind of felt lost. It's weird to look back and wonder what in the hell I did with my time before them. LOL

I'm glad to be getting Elise on Friday though. I do miss our little princess. I wish we could have Tyler too but I doubt it. I'll be glad when this court stuff is over with.


I actually got most of the things done that I had hoped to get done yesterday. I brought some more stuff to the resale shop, I went through some clothes and took them to Plato's closet. (I also got Michael a green button down shirt to wear for Thanksgiving) I had a pair of pants that I had bought for Ava from Target that didn't fit he, so I took that back too and exchanged them for another pair. I had to print up some emails that were exchanged between Tyler's teachers and I, and drop them off at the lawyers office, so I got that done yesterday too. I did some laundry and today is my day to finish every thing else around the house. I had to do so much running around yesterday that I was out of the house most of the day.

Michael, Amber, Ava and I may go ahead and leave for CS tonight so I really want to get things done around here and leave a nice tidy house to come home too. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We always make sure the house is SPOTLESS before leaving for somewhere... so when we're dragging our ass home after the long trip we come home to a beautifully clean house... At first I was skeptical of it... but having done it for years now I agree... it is so nice.

Ashley said...

Heck yes it is!

It's really a drag to come home after a trip to a mess of a house. Then you not only have unpacking and laundry to do but you also have a messy house to worry about. No thanks. LOL