Monday, October 20, 2008

5 days? Really??!

That is how long my girl has been sick. It started Thursday morning with a runny nose and just progressed from there. Andi took Chloe to the doctor and they told her that she had a viral infection and there was nothing they could do for her. I debated on whether or not I should make a Dr. Appointment for her and decided to just wait and hope that she got over it. She got the worst of it Saturday night and Sunday which meant that I would have had to take her in to the Urgent Care Clinic because Dr. Offices are closed on the weekend. So I decided that I would wait and see how she was doing on Monday (today) and if she still wasn't feeling well, I would take her in.

As you can guess, she is still a sick baby. She has been pulling on her ears which led me to believe that she may possibly have an ear infection. When I was younger (starting at 2 months old) I was in and out of the hospital with horrible ear infections. I had tubes put in my ears at the age of about 4 which didn't help much for me. That being said, I worry that Ava may have inherited my ear problems as well. She has already had 1 ear infection (not too bad) not long ago.

So off I went with both babies in tow and took my girl in to see the doctor. Sure enough, she as a horrible ear infection in right ear. They put her on some strong antibiotics and Mommy is hoping that she has a healthy, happy little munchkin soon!

One of the worst feelings I have experienced so far being a Mother is having a sick child and not being able to take their pain away and make them feel better. I hate seeing her like this and I hate not being able to do much to help her out.

Aside from that, my girl now weighs in at 18lbs 14oz!!! And is 25 1/2 inches long. Mommy's little chunky monkey!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My daughter had lots of problems with ear infections...it sucked. I hope she is feeling better soon!

chunky monkey...that is cute!

I can help with your layout if you want...

I created my header at www.scrapblog.com and also got the background there....plugged it into the layout codes and there you have it. :)