Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome to the real world, Ashley...

Yesterday morning Jennifer's sister Stephanie kept Ava for me so that I could go to my appointment with Burnett Staffing at 11:30. For those of you who may not already know, Burnett is a staffing agency that places you in either temporary jobs or temp-to-hire. I have used them before which is why I chose to start off with them in my search for a job. I had already completed all the testing and filled out all the paperwork, so I figured I would just try using them again first so as to save me a little trouble in not having to test and so forth at another temp agency. I went in to re-do all my paperwork since my last name is now different as well as my address. To my surprise, I ended up having to re-test any way because it has been a little over a year since I last used them. It wasn't a big deal though. I took 3 of the tests while I was there and they are emailing me the other 2 parts to complete.

I am going to apply for a dental assistant position tomorrow as well. Part of me really... and I mean really wants to work... but on the other hand, I'm a bit sad that I wont have near as much time to spend with my little girl. As the title says- Welcome to the real world, Ashley! That's life for you. People have to leave their kids all the time to work in order to pay the bills and take care of their families. I guess I should be happy that I have been able to spend as much time as I have with her. And I am. I am very thankful for that. I just know that it's gonna upset me so bad the day I go pick her up from the babysitter and she tells me she said her first word. Or took her first step. I don't wanna miss out on those things and I'm sad that I have to come to the realization that that's just the way things have to be. I guess I'll get over it...

I'm not really going full force on the job search just yet. If Burnette calls me for a job, or if I happen to get the position for the dental assistant, that'll be cool. But as far as going on numerous interviews and so forth.. I think I'm gonna hold off on that just a little bit longer. I guess right now it's more of a "if it happens, it happens" kinda of thing.

Moving on.

I took Ava to JcPenny for her pictures today as I mentioned in a previous post. I'm not sure that I was really all that impressed with them. Maybe I just got a bad photographer today. I don't know. A couple of them were pretty good I guess. Honestly, it's probably best that they didn't turn out better or I would have wanted to buy them all. Then I really would have been in trouble! LOL I get them on the 5th and they are also supposed to email them to me, so I'll for sure have them up as soon as I get them.

After pictures, Ava and I picked Elise up from daycare and headed to the house. I fed Ava and then we went over to Raina's house next door to visit. The girls always enjoy playing with Elise and Raina and I got to talk a little and catch up on things. We have both been so busy lately that we haven't had much time to chit-chat, so that was nice. Elise and I also went by the store so she could pick something out for her Mom and Coach (step-dad) for their Anniversary. Of course she picked out a fuzzy picture coloring book for herself! LOL She wanted to color a picture for them. When we went to the register to check out she saw these flowers that were made of actual feathers and decided that she also wanted to get that for them. She picked out a pink one. I picked up a card for them last night as well.

After playing with the girls, we came home and played/colored for a little bit before heading off to girls dinner at Katie's house. I brought Elise's night clothes and bath stuff over there so i could bathe her and get her ready for bed before bringing her home.

I always enjoy spending time with the kids. Tyler is a teen now and isn't really interested in spending time with good ole step-mom, but he has his days and I always enjoy them. It's usually when he doesn't take his medication. Michael and I don't give him his day medicine anymore because it just makes him a zombie! Poor kid. He doesn't like taking it anymore and doesn't want too, but there isn't much we can do about that just yet. His mom knows we don't give him his med's when he is here, and she said that was up to us.. but she still gives it to him. His night meds stay in his system, so he has to take those no matter what, of course. Any how, when he doesn't take his day medicine he is in such a great mood. Yea, he talks your head off! Yea, he's hyper. Yea, you have to get on to him a little more some times. He's a kid! That's how it should be! I just see so much change in him when he isn't on it. He doesn't mind spending time with us. He interacts with us and Ava. He doesn't just sit on his game ALL day long. He doesn't complain about running errands and so forth. He more or less just goes with the flow. He's fun to be around and I think that's good. It's really hard to do things as a family when there is such a big age difference in the kids... I love family time and I wish it were a little easier to make everyone happy to be spending time together. People try to say..'remember when you were that age' and yes, I do remember. And I personally always enjoyed spending time with my family.. up until I got to the age of 15 or 16. But even then, I still liked spending time with them, but I usually had better things to do.. LOL Any ways... I'm rambling...

I should probably get to bed...

No comments: