Monday, July 7, 2008

So much to do, so little time...

For some reason, I just can't ever seem to find the time to sit down and write a proper blog post lately. Things have been crazy busy, which seems to have become a constant around here. Part of me loves it. It feels good to stay busy and to have numerous activities planned with the kids and the family. Another part of me is absolutely exhausted! But I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not sure whether I mentioned it in an earlier post or not, but Ava, my Aunt Tami and I all went out to Louisiana on the 24th to visit the family and see my cousin Andrew that was pretty severely hurt in a car accident. It has been about a year or so since I have been out there, so I really enjoyed that. Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw sure did love having Ava there. I got a few cute pictures of Ava with Paw-Paw's rosary but Ill save the pictures for later.

On Thursday my mom kept Ava for a couple hours so Mike and I could go see Roger Creager at Big Texas. My sister Amber and her friend Creighton came with us and we all met Mikes best friend Tanner and his wife Natalie there. It was really nice getting out and we definitely enjoyed it. I have pictures from Big Texas as well, but again.. Ill post those later. I think I will just make another slide show since there are so many.

On Friday Harley and I went shopping for Elise's birthday. I picked up some new clothes for her, as well as a little princess scooter for her. It's made like a tricycle, with 2 wheels on the back and one on the front. I think she'll really like it. We stopped in at Party City and picked up a bunch of decorations for her birthday party that we planned to have for her Sunday (today) at 1. We decided on a luau/beach theme. Ill get back to the party details a little later... Fortunately, the rain finally stopped Friday evening, so the celebration was still on. Michael, Tyler, Ava and I, as well as my Dad, Kim, and their boys went to Mikes Dads Fourth of July Party at 6:30. It was also Dale's 60th birthday celebration as well. We ate lots of food, visited and had an awesome view of all the fireworks! Katie, Matt and Mason also met us out there just in time to catch the show.

Saturday (yesterday) Michael and I went to Carmax and got my new car! :) That was exciting. It's and '05 Expedition in extremely good condition. Almost looks brand new. It even has a DVD player and a sunroof in it. We got it for a pretty good price. I love it!

After that, I picked up Harley and Evan to come stay the night here and Mike and I spent the rest of the day cleaning up the house for the party. I called the Great American Cookie Co. and ordered Elise's cookie cake for the party. Harley and I put together all the goody bags before bed. I got up around 7:15 ish this morning and got ready for the day and then Harley and I began decorating. I thought I got up in plenty of time, but every time I turned around, there was just "one more thing to do." LOL So unfortunately, I was about 15 minutes late getting Elise, but I wanted to have everything ready for her when she got home to surprise her. Harley, Evan, Elise and I went straight to the church after picking Elise up. Mason got baptized this morning. Elise was so well behaved in church! I was so proud of her. She always such a good little girl. After church we stopped by Kroger to pick up a few last minute items for the party and rushed home just in time for the party to start. Matter of fact, Mikes Mom was already here when we got here. Elise was really surprised and seemed to like it all. :) Of course she was a little shy at first, but that wore off.

The kids played, and then we did the cake and presents. Elise got quite a few things! She got a bunch of clothes, a couple baby dolls, a huge mermaid set of make up, the leapfrog learning game, a swimming pool...etc. And of course, the scooter that Mike and I TOTALLY forgot to give her! How bad is that!? We kept it in the closet with ribbons on it and I was going to bring it out once she open all her gifts, but it completely slipped my mind until after I took her home. LOL! Oh well, she'll have it next time she comes. The kids all went swimming and also played on the water slide in the back yard, so it's probably best that we didn't give it to her today anyways. She would have wanted to ride it out front and there were just too many kids here to be able to keep an eye on them out front as well as the others out back.

The kids all seemed to have had a really good time, and that's awesome! I was really excited to throw her a party this year. I wish I could throw Tyler one too, but he's at that age now where he just isn't interested. LOL

I think the party turned out really well. I was pleased. Exhausted, but pleased. :)

Tomorrow, Katie is going to help me take the Suburban back out to Humble and drop it off at Chris' since we no longer need it. Tyler is starting another summer school class tomorrow. Science, I believe. So it's back to the early-early mornings. Its cool though. I seem to get a little more accomplished when I'm up bright and early.

I think I have pretty much caught up on the events of the last few days...

Ava has been really fussy this week. She really hasn't been herself lately. The last 2 days, it's really shown. It's almost like she is getting sick, but she isn't running a fever or anything? I thought maybe she was teething, but I'm not sure. She is losing her voice. It's really hoarse. Poor pumpkin. I hope everything is OK.. I may take her to the doctor on Tuesday. She is due for her 4 month checkup in a few days any way.


No comments: