Thursday, May 15, 2008

Over-feeding? Ooopsss...

Yep, you read that right.. I am overfeeding my daughter. GAH! Amber, Ava and I headed off to her 2 month Dr.'s Appointment at 11am this morning. My little munchkin is 11lbs 9oz!!! and 21 1/2 inches long. She is in the 75th percentile for her weight and 25th percentile for her height.

Now, back to the "overfeeding" mess.. Let me start off by saying that it all started one Sunday while I was working. Michael was keeping Ava and said that she still acted hungry after eating 6oz so he gave her another 2. Ever since then she has eaten 8oz (which is actually 9 oz once you mix the formula) about every 3-4 hours. No bueno! Her doctor says that probably is the reason for her upset stomach. Ooops! So we have now cut back to 6-7oz and are trying to go about 4 hours in between feedings.

I am taking her on Saturday to the clinic in Clear Lake for her first set of shots. I don't think I am going to get all 4 (or 5?) of them at once though. I think I would rather space them out a little.

I was sitting here tonight just watching Ava sleeping in her swing (she loves that thing!) and all I could do was smile. She makes me so happy. I swear I love her more and more everyday and I didn't even think it was possible to love her anymore than I already do. She is my angel.

After her appointment we headed over to Carmen's house for an interview with her. Carmen was recommended as a babysitter for Ava, by my friend Katie. She babysat Katie, both her sisters and her 2 cousins when they were little and is currently babysitting Katie's 3 year old brother Joe. Carmen watches the kids at her house and only takes kids by recommendation. She has been doing this for @ 20 years and is state registered. She is a very sweet lady and I think I am really going to like her. She sends home a "Baby-Gram" everyday with their curriculum for the day. Lets me know when she ate, how much, bowel movements and special concerns and so forth (like a daycare would do) Right now she is keeping 1 5year old, 2 3year old (Joe being one of them) and a 4 month old. The 5 year old will be leaving after he summer to start Kindergarten and the 3 year olds will be leaving once school lets out. (Their parents are school teachers which means they are off in the summer) So she will only have the 4 month old after that (and Ava). She feeds them hot lunches, they take naps, play outside for a while and she even does "school time" with them everyday. Of course Ava isn't at that age yet, but will be someday. She charges $115 a week which is much cheaper than a daycare and I would prefer that Ava stays out of daycare if I can help it. I was really impressed with her and feel very comfortable with leaving Ava with her.

The reason for finding a babysitter for Ava is a new job! :) Working as a secretary/receptionist in Clear Lake M-F 8-4, $10/hr. I'm really excited to be starting a real job! (not that working at the tanning salon isn't a real job, but its less pay and its only 3 days a week) I will say that I am bummed to be away from Ava that much but at the same time, I think it'll be good for me. I think I'll feel a lot better knowing that I am also contributing to the care of my daughter, Tyler, Elise and our home. I cant wait to start!

I ran a bunch of errands today and got a lot of cleaning/laundry done as well. Michael and I are getting Tyler and Elise tomorrow and will be attending a pool party for our neighbors little girl Madison tomorrow evening from 6-8. I am meeting with Jennifer for lunch tomorrow and then I am going to pick up a new swimsuit for Elise because I'm pretty sure she has grown out of her other one already. She is growin like a weed! I picked up a cute little summer dress for her today and some cute sandals to go with it. Ava has a dress similar to the one I got Elise. Ava's is pink and Elise's is blue. I cant wait to dress them both in them. They are gonna be cutie pies. (as always) :D I also picked up some swim trunks for Tyler as well.

I'm pretty sure it's almost 1am and I should totally hit the sack.

2 comments:

Cloggsy said...

I have the opposite problem - when we feed Emma formula, we can barely get her to eat more than 4oz. I can't tell how much she's getting when I breast feed, but the girl needs to step it up some!!

Ava, beautiful as always!

Ashley said...

My girl def loves to eat!