Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ava's first babysitter...

I know, I know!! You're probably thinking "You left her with a babysitter and shes not even 3 weeks old!!!" It wasn't easy, trust me! But it wasn't just anybody, it was my sister Amber. One of the VERY few people I trust to leave Ava with. As you all know, Michael's truck was obviously totalled out and I refuse to take Ava in the Mustang EVER AGAIN! Which really gave us no choice in the matter as we have to get new vehicles. Michael and I drove out to Baytown to see a friend of his that he has known for about 10 years. He works at a dealership and is trying to help us out in getting 2 new vehicles. So we had to do a little car shopping and let me tell you it was VERY hard leaving Ava for the 2 hours we were gone. I must have called and text my sister 20 times while we were gone. Little Ava slept the whole time! We looked at the Tahoe for me and the Silverado for Michael and I think that's what we decided on. We are in the middle of re-financing the house right now and are also waiting on our tax return check and the money from the wreck so we aren't able to do much at the moment but at least we got that part out of the way. So that way, when we are ready to buy in a couple of weeks, Michael can just go without me since we already have the vehicles chosen.

On another note, Ava attended her first wedding with me tonight! My brothers best friend Jessica got married at Butlers Courtyard tonight so I dressed Ava in her cute little 'going home' dress and we headed off to the wedding. Her dress was a little big when we brought her home from the hospital in it, but it fits her really well now. :) I think she will be wearing it to church in the morning too! We stayed for the wedding and part of the reception and then headed home, as Ava was starting to get hungry and I really didn't want to have to give her formula since she hasn't yet had anything other than breast milk since she's been home from the hospital and I'd like to keep it that way. (I think that was a run-on sentence...) Any who, the wedding was beautiful and the food was yummy!

Tomorrow will be our first time to take Ava to church with us too. :) Everyone will be happy to see her. I think tomorrows service will be an extra special one for me... I have really been thinking a lot lately about my life and my Christianity (if that makes sense). I know God and I pray, but I just feel like, maybe I haven't been walking with the Lord. The accident has really been an eye opener for me. Everything happens for a reason and I think that maybe that was Gods way of making me realize some things about my life. Due to some things in my past, I turned away from the Lord and just wasn't sure how I felt about him anymore. This last year or so I have started coming back around again and I feel more ready now than ever to bring the Lord back in my life. Not that he hasn't been here already, but I'm ready to give my all. I'm ready to make some changes in my life. I'm not very good at putting my thoughts and feeling into words and probably didn't explain myself very well, but you get the idea. I'm excited about service tomorrow morning and cant wait to make some changes in my life for the better. I try to better myself everyday and have really come a long way and look forward to becoming a better person every day with the help of God.

We will be going out tomorrow and buying the same exact car seat that we previously had. Right now we are using one that my Aunt picked up from Walmart the night of the accident just to get us home and I just haven't felt as comfortable with it. Not that its a bad car seat, but the one we had made it through that horrific accident and I definitely trust that one more.

I took some pictures of the wedding this evening and also got a couple of cute photos of Ava and I. Ill have to post those later. :)

And I STILL need to post about Labor and Delivery! I haven't forgotten.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
Much Love

No comments: