Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day!

Michael picked Elise up this morning at 9 and then we all went to pick Tyler up at 10. We were just gonna go to my moms house today for Thanksgiving, but that wasn't going to be until 2 and that's what time we had to have Elise home by. I really wanted us all to celebrate Thanksgiving together, with Elise, so I decided to cook for us. Michael did the turkey and then started setting up the Christmas tree while I prepared the rest of our Thanksgiving dinner. Here are a couple pictures I got of Elise helping daddy with the tree..


As you can see, I changed the color in the picture above to give it a little bit of a Christmas look! :) I really like that picture of Elise. Too cute!


Michael, Tyler, Elise and I all sat down to a really nice Thanksgiving dinner at home. I made mashed potatoes, green beans, broccoli and rice casserole (1st time I made it, and it turned out awesome!) sweet potato's, macaroni and cheese, rolls and of course the turkey. By the time we finished eating, it was time to take Elise home. We went by my mothers house for a little while to visit and enjoy some apple pie. My favorite!


Once we got back home, we packed up all of the fall decorations and got the Christmas decorations out of the attic. Michael turned on some Christmas music and we started unpacking the Christmas decorations. We put some out, but haven't yet finished. This evening, Michael, Tyler and I sat in the living room with a nice hot fire, and a warm cup of hot chocolate. Tyler and I roasted marshmallows in the fire place and we are now about to start a movie. I have definitely enjoyed this day with my family.


Tomorrow we will be getting Elise again around 11:30 for Thanksgiving at my dads house! I cant wait!


I hope everyone else enjoyed their Thanksgiving day as much as we did. :)


Here are some pictures of Michael, Tyler and I from this evening.



No comments: