Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Roadtrip to College Station

Michael left Sunday evening to head out to Corpus Christi for work. He will be there until Friday. So I decided on Monday that I was going to College Station to see my sister. I was dog-sitting Lily for my Aunt and decided to go ahead and take her with me. So Lily and I headed out around 1:30 Monday afternoon. I got a few pictures of Lily all comfy on her blanket in the front seat.

She's so freakin cute! :-) Of course I had to get a couple of us together...

It was really nice hanging out with my sister and her 2 roommates, Katy and Candace. They crack me up! Katy came home drunk and started trying to hang pictures on the wall with out even lining anything up. It was quite entertaining to say the least!

On Tuesday Me, Heather, Katy and Candace all went out to Chili's for lunch. Heather had to work Tuesday night, so I stayed home and watched the last season of Gilmore Girls with Katy and Candace and then I went to visit my Nanny, Paw-Paw, Grandma and Mark. It's always great visiting with them. Grandma gave me a set of elf Christmas decorations that she has had since my mom was little. :-) Here's a picture of Grandma and I...

Once Heather got home from work, we took a trip to Wal-mart and bought My Girl! We all cuddled up on the couch in our jammies and watched it.

Lily even cuddled up with me too! She had a good time playing with my sisters dog Cali, and Candace's dog Rox.

So anyways, it was very nice to get away for a couple of days and visit with the girls and my grandparents. I love hanging out with my sister and her roommates and will definitely be going back soon.

Although the trip was nice.. there is some bad news as well... I left my sisters at about 10:15 this morning and had only been on the road for about 10 minutes when my tire blew out!!! UGH! I let off of the gas and kept the steering wheel still until I finally came to a stop. It was quite scary! Thank God I didn't spin out or anything. It's not very good, but heres a picture of my tire.

This guy ended up stopping to help me. My mom was on the phone with me and asked me what kind of vehicle he had, what color and the license plate # just in case! LOL! But he was very nice. He put my spare on for me, and my sister Heather met me so that she could lead the way to Discount Tire and make sure that I made it there safely with the donut tire. Of course Discount Tire was packed, therefore I was there for like 2 hours! With Lily might I add. But it wasn't so bad I guess. I'm just thankful it wasn't any worse and that I was safe.

But anyways, I had a doctors appointment today at 1:15, but had to call and reschedule it for Friday morning. I'm home safe and sound now. I think Ill go eat something now, and start cleaning up the house a bit. We still have Christmas decorations piled everywhere and I have to clean up the kids' rooms as well.

No comments: